3.11.10

Let Me Entertain You

Mack was in a particularly musical mood this morning. He was walking around with his little Primary Songbook, singing away. I was lucky enough to transcribe a little of what he was singing. You're just going to have to imagine what the tune sounded like, but I can tell you the last one was a little bit like a rap.

A grown up can help you with that,
Two grown ups get baptized
sho-di-do, sho-sho-di-dooo
You have been taught by these later days.
Bridge: Lots of nonsense word singing
You have been taught when Jesus was born
We have we know about Jesus was born and food friends too 
and back then...

Break to talk about his "food friends" (these are imaginary friends he has named after different foods. Like Pancake, Cupcake), apparently they were born when Jesus was born. They are a family and the food family grandparents live far away from here. "Pretty sad, huh?"

They have been taught by latter-days
Children were gathered around Jesus,
They don't know why.
Oh di-do-di-do.

I asked Mack if he wanted to sing somemore. He said, "Actually when everyone gathers up in a big circle. But you can't be in the front, I am."

By these latter days 
I have been to church.
On day of days
If I had been to the temples.
You are
the odi modi
testimony.
And you are in the sky.
If you go 
on a trip 
You know 
on a whip 
you only know the odi-do.

Now he says he'll sing for me some more when I come to the big circle in his room. Gotta love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment