3.7.13

Weekend at Kassey's

Right after school ended this year, I decided to take the two older boys to Utah for the weekend. We were going to try to catch a flight on Thursday, but it rained and the traffic was so bad we missed our flight. No problem. Tyler set the alarm for 4am and we were on the first flight out in the morning. Visiting Kassey is great because she's always glad to see us. I feel like no matter what she's doing, she'll find a way to fit us into her day and despite the last-minute flight change, she was there with all her kids happy to pick up at the airport.
What was our first stop? The gym! Not living by my sisters, I feel like there are somethings I miss out on, like a good gym buddy. So we stuck the rugrats in daycare and got to sweatin'. Kassey warned me that the front desk people were going to try and scam me into a membership so I was ready for them. When they asked where I was from I told them, "Out-of-town". Gotcha! Next stop? The post-workout-snack. Terrible and wonderful. Kassey took me to the Lehi Bakery while her girls were in swim lessons. Have you ever been to this place? It's like the best Mexician dive ever, only a bakery. It's like a buch of chubby Relief Society ladies got together and started selling really yummy Mormon comfort food. It's like the absolutely antithesis of everything that is cool and hip. It was really REALLY GOOD. We tried to think about how much shortening they must use in their goodies, but it was too scary. Go there.
After packing the kids a lunch (Kassey is really good at this too. I never have the right stuff in the cupboard for a spontaneous picnic), we headed over to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. We let the kids play unsupervised as much as we thought we could get away with while we sat on the grass eating cherries. Henry loved the pony ride, but Mack thought he was getting too old for them.

Saturday was the BEST. After stopping by the bakery again --thin I am not-- and stopping to visit Grandpa Cal, Kassey and I took all kids but Gus to meet up with our Grandma Judy at the community Pool in Provo. When we arrived our little old Grandma had dragged up 3 pool chairs and 2 loungers into just the right spot on a grassy hill where we could easily kinda watch the kids and work on our tan at the same time. That lady is something else. Highlights include taking ridiculous picture of each other and dragging our frady-cat five year olds down the watersides, which they later said they loved. I'm definitely heading back to this pool again with the whole family. But I did just read about this, so disclaimer alert. I asked Tyler if I should put this picture on the blog and he just laughed at me. He's right, it is funny.

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your blog, cousin. Today I started at the most recent post and read my way back to the pumpkin patch story. Your posts are fascinating, especially the ones in which you transcribe Mack's and Henry's conversations, songs, and--what other name can I give it?--poetry. I think you should write a book a la A. A. Milne. You are fabulous. I hope I can come and visit someday, but for now I'll just say "thank you" for the posts.

    -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete