26.6.13

Le Ballon Rouge

On Monday for Family Night, we cheated and watched The Red Balloon. We're hoping to trek off to Paris for 2 weeks in July so I thought the film might get the kids in the mood. I was thinking maybe they'd notice how quiet everyone is and be feel inspired to live a more French lifestyle.
Mack sorta remembered seeing it before so he was fine with it, but the other little kiddos thought it was a tad boring at first. However, once the action picked up and the Balloon started following the boy (Does that little guy have a name?) they were all hooked. Well, everyone except me, I was reading Rick Steves France 2013 on the couch.
I've spent most of today looking over options for apartments to rent while we're in Paris. We still haven't closed the deal yet, but we do have a front-runner. Usually, when we go away, we try to rent a flat with a crib, but no such luck this time. Looks like Tyler will be dragging our Pack'n Play on the train, because there is no way I am trying to get a jet-lagged toddler -aka Flossie- to sleep with me. Anyway, I'm sure that position will be occupied by Wallace. I don't know how people co-sleep with their kids, it only leads to angry-sleep at my house.
I've got a list of Parisian films to watch before we leave town and two feet tall stack of travel books to sort through as well. One of my favorite things about traveling is the book prep. I remember reading once that anticipating a trip is good for your health and I definitely agree. I love it.  Unfortunately for me, I think any health benefits may be balanced out by all my family's pre-trip-laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment